In order to be considered for funding through the Women’s Cancer Fund, please understand and follow these instructions:
- The Women’s Cancer Fund is now a monthly distribution program.
- Open submission periods for monthly applications extend from the 1st to the 15th of each month. See item 11 (below) for information on late submissions.
- The program does NOT approve applications on a first-come, first served basis. All requests will be reviewed individually and considered for funding after each monthly deadline.
- Only requests submitted online (through your social worker or hospital/medical personnel) or email (with all sections of the application completed and necessary documentations included) will be considered for funding.
- All patients must be currently receiving active cancer treatment to qualify for consideration.
- A maximum of $250 may be approved per family, per year.
- All sections of the application must be completed. Failure to complete the entire application will result in ineligibility of funding.
- Only utilities and rental fee bills will be considered. A utility request is defined as a heating, electrical or water bill. Cell phones, cable payments, mortgage payments, car payments, insurance or tax bills, medical payments and transportation costs are NOT eligible for funding.
- Copies of all bills or the rental agreement (if rental help is being requested) must be submitted with application. The rental agreement Must have the LANDLORD’s NAME and MAILING ADDRESS and/or the UTILITY BILL MUST HAVE ALL COMPOENTS of ACCOUNT NUMBER and RETURN MAILING ADDRESS for the specified company. IF any of these are missing, the application will not be considered for funding. If there is no formal rental agreement, a letter from the Landlord/Rental Management Company may be accepted ONLY when NOTARIZED. A hand-written letter, typed letter, or an emailed letter will not be considered without notarization.
- A brief narrative describing the patient’s situation and the family’s need must be included and written by the social worker or hospital personnel. Be sure to include any additional, compelling and relevant information as this narrative plays a vital role in the application selection process. The narrative must be on Hospital/Cancer Treatment Facility/Doctor’s Office letterhead and included with the application.
- Applications received after the monthly deadline will not be considered for funding in that current funding period. Applicants may, however, reapply the following month by submitting new and/or updated utility bills.
- If the application is approved, check(s) will be made payable to each utility company or landlord and mailed directly to the family.
- Social workers or hospital/medical personnel will receive notification (approved or declined applications) via email. Patients will NOT be contacted by the Women’s Cancer Fund/CRFI staff regarding application status.
- If the check is not cashed within 60 days of printing date, Cancer Recovery Foundation has the right to cancel the check.
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE EMAILED FROM A MEDICAL FACILITY: